I’ve had a baseball team’s fair share of Bloody Marys in my day, and never once has salsa been involved. Now according to the internet there’s a Tostitos Bloody Mary. And if you think for one minute that I’m not going to try this, well, I question your ability to think.
Typically you shouldn’t make alterations before even trying a cocktail as the salsa mixologist intended, but there’s one glaring problem with the Tostitos Bloody Mary. It’s only three ounces of alcohol and over 21.5 ounces of not alcohol. You don’t need to be Alchimista to know that isn’t going to fly. I know it’s a breakfast drink and all, but let’s be reasonable here.
I might also consider going with one of the other salsas (habanero perhaps?) if I’m making a Tostitos Bloody Mary so that I can add fresh lime juice instead. Fresh acid is always the best acid… or so a dealer once told me.
Official Tostitos Bloody Mary
- 1 Jar Tostitos Splash of Lime Flavored Chunky Salsa
- 4 oz. Water
- 3 oz. Titos Vodka (hahahahaha, add more than that)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Prepared Horseradish
- 1 tbsp Hot Sauce
- Tostitos Bite Sized Rounds (garnish)
- Celery Stalks (garnish)
- Olives (garnish)
- Add salsa, vodka, water, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, and hot sauce into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Make garnishes by stacking olives and chips on a toothpick.
- Pour the mix over ice, add celery and olive/chip combo.