“Best Buds” reunites the Budweiser puppy with his significantly larger Clydesdale friends.
There’s only so much you can say about a 139-year-old beer. We all know what Budweiser tastes like. We know what the can looks like. We know they’re all about America (yes, even though it’s owned by foreigners it’s still brewed here.). There’s really no need to put out commercials talking about the beer. Clydesdales and puppies, on the other hand… that’s something of which we could always use more.
Budweiser puppy burst onto the seen last year in one of history’s greatest commercials, at least according to the numbers, which I’m told never lie. He’s back again, and if you don’t get the chills, weep, or jump out of your seat screaming, “hell yeah!” at the 36-second mark, we suggest you click here.
Budweiser Puppy Reunites with Budweiser Clydesdales in ‘Best Buds’
Behind the scenes of #BestBuds:
- Eight puppies – seven females and one male – are featured in Budweiser’s “Lost Dog” spot, all of which were just 11-12 ½ weeks old at the time of filming.
- Seven Budweiser Clydesdales underwent training for three months to fine-tune their skills for Budweiser’s “Lost Dog” ad.
- Budweiser’s “Lost Dog” ad was shot at a ranch outside Santa Barbara, Calif., in early December.
- In Budweiser’s “Lost Dog” ad, actor Don Jeanes reprises his role as Budweiser Clydesdale trainer for a third time. Don is originally from Houston and now lives in Los Angeles.
- Sleeping At Last is responsible for ruining the ever popular “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)”
Budweiser Clydesdales get into intimidation business
You can see all of the non-beer Super Bowl commercials on Bro-Bible right now.