Bacon Wrapped Eggs are the classiest way you can fight a hangover. Trust me. It’s science.
OK, it’s not science. No one really knows how to cure a hangover. No one even knows where they come from… like babies. What I do know, though, is that making these bacon wrapped eggs took me from the gutter to butter in no time. The best part? They couldn’t be easier.
Unlike attempting to make an omelet, which we both know will inevitably just end up scrambled, bacon wrapped eggs don’t require much attention. Cook bacon, walk away. Pour stuff in muffin tray, walk away. It’s nearly foolproof, though I wouldn’t put anything past someone with an extreme hangover. Put this one in your back pocket for next Saturday. If nothing else it will give you an excuse to avoid being forced to wait in line for brunch.
- 4 Bacon slices
- 2 Eggs
- 1oz Goat Cheese (or any cheese, really)
- Thyme, Dill, Rosemary (see goat cheese parentheses)
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Arrange bacon slices on the foil.
- Place the baking sheet on the center rack of a cold oven.
- Turn oven on to 400°F, and make a Cholula Bloody Mary.
- Come back 12 minutes later and check if bacon is cooked but still pliable.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Alternative to steps 1-6: “Make Bacon.”
- Line muffin cups with bacon slices, coving bottom with small chunks.
- Crack an egg into each cup.
- Add cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with herbs.
- Bake until set, approx 15 min.
- Free from shackles of muffin cup with knife.
- Eat. Repeat.