Bourbon County Stout without the hassle of a Binny’s Line
Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year… at least for beer lovers. Goose Island’s Bourbon County Stout family gets released, and people line up in mass to get their hands on the varietals as well as the annual offerings. This year, you don’t have to stand in the cold to taste it (you still should though). A number of bars are having release parties and events.
The most impressive event is WhirlyBall (god bless it) of all places.
On Friday, November 27, you can get a 5oz sample of all five (not Rare) Bourbon County Stout brews for $45. No bad considering what you’ll pay retail or on the Chicago Beer Exchange. You can get more details on the Eventbrite page, but know that the pre-sale ends at midnight on the 24th. After that it’s 55 bucks. You can also buy tickets for single pours that day, but there’s no guarantee they’re available.
- Early Release: BCS ’13 Templeton Rye: 2pm
- BCS Coffee Release: 3pm
- BCS and BCS Barleywine Release: 4pm
- BCS Proprietor’s Release: 5pm
- BCS Regal Rye Release: 6:30pm
If that’s not your bag, you can head to any of the places below to get your fix. I’m sure there are more bars that will have it if you like hunting, but these were the ones included in the press release.
- The Beer Bistro (Madison) – 7PM
- Fountain Head – 7PM
- Dusek’s – 7PM
- Sheffield’s – 7PM
- Jimmy’s in Naperville – 5PM
- O’Toole’s Chicago – 5PM
- O’tooles Libertyville and Gurnee – 5PM
- Fatpour – 2PM
- Goose Island Clybourn Pub– events beginning at 10am (tickets sold out)
- Plank Road Taproom – tapping at 11:30am for members only. After 1:30pm it will be open to the public.
If you really want bottles, not tastings, Binny’s in Lincoln Park (1720 N. Marcey St.) is the place to be beginning at 9 a.m. It’s like a new iPhone dropping though, so get there the night before.